Yorkshire Building Society Group has published its latest Society Matters report. The report demonstrates our recent achievements and vision to fulfil our commitment to create a lasting, positive impact on society in the UK, focusing on our key priority areas of Customers, People, Community and the Environment.
As a mutual, we are owned by our customers, who are members of our Society. We exist for their benefit and to provide them with real help with their real lives.
Our Society Matters strategy helps us to deliver this purpose, and in turn, create a lasting positive impact on society.
Our key achievements include:
- 7,011 homes were bought by first time buyers with our mortgages
- 39,304 customers benefited from adapted support based on their vulnerable circumstances
- Awarded 28th place in the UK’s Best Large Workplaces ranking, based on colleague feedback and an assessment of our colleague programmes
- £1.5 million contributed to local communities through fundraising, direct donations and volunteering hours
- Helped 54 homeless young people into a home of their own through our charity partnership with End Youth Homelessness
- Provided 7,267 pupils with financial literacy support through our Money Minds programme
- 19% carbon footprint reduction compared to 2016 (25% compared to our baseline year of 2012)
Find out more and read the 2017 report by visiting ybs.co.uk/societymatters